Saturday 30 September 2017

31 Days of Art Journals - Introduction





What to expect

Thought I would give you an idea of what you can expect over the next 31 days

  • Insight into how each 31 journals were made
  • Video flip through of pages on Youtube and
  • Weekend roundup and tips
  • Video of an art journal process ie 'backgrounds'


I love working in my art journals and over the years I have made quite a few over the years, I didn't like them all.  There is nothing quite like creating one of your own from start to finish, obviously you can go and purchase one, but once you start making your own there is no limit to what you can create. I thought I would share my love of art journals that I have created.  

For the next 31 days in October I will be sharing with you some of the art journals that I enjoyed working in, and still use.


Art Journaling is part of life

They come in all shapes and sizes, and have been used in a variety of ways, some are handmade, fabric, recycled, and shop brought.  I have much more than 31 so you are getting a taster.  Over the years I have found it a great way to get ideas down, express visually when you can't find the words and see how much you have grown in your creative walk.


Start somewhere

There is no right or wrong when you are making your art journal, once you learn the techniques you can take it where you want and have some great adventures.  There are revelations and gems dwelling within the pages.  


Art Journals fighting for their space

I will also be giving you a simple video flip through so that you can get a closer look at each one, the pages are a delight, and I love the texture that you can create with each one, mini works of art and  a masterpiece in its own right.


Art Journals come in all shapes and sizes

I will also be showing you the inspiration for some of the pages in the journals.  I really do encourage you to take the time to either make or use recycled materials to make your art journal, and then add to it using different textures to create a look that speaks to you.


Handmade Journals bring intense joy

So why not join me tomorrow and see what I have to share with you over the next 31 days of Art Journals.

Last but not least, I would love to have you join me for the online class in November that I will be teaching on called Hacking the Colour Wheel - Art Journaling for Creative Rebels.  I have one spot to give away on the course and you will have access to a range of wonderful lessons to inspire and motivate you.  You will also be learning a book binding technique to create your own art journal

 Hacking The Color Wheel - Sign up HERE


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...