Tuesday 15 October 2013

Savour - Memories of Home

Memories of Home
Welcome to the second day of the Memories of Home Series.  

Being in a supportive environment is important to our growth as individuals, not everyone has had that opportunity and as adults we try and create an environment that will nurture and bless our children and indeed ourselves. 


After an especially long day that feeling you get for just wanting to be at home, to put on your favourite lounging or relaxing clothes, have a cup of Spiced tea and close the door to the days activities.  

When I am away from home looking after my mother I am constantly on the go, thinking about her needs, trying to guess what she could be thinking, how she is feeling what she needs at any given moment - my constant chatter as I provide her entertainment, until I hand over to the support I have put in place. 

I look forward to switching off, placing my mind on automatic as I get into the car, drive home through my favourite route, the one that has the trees lined streets and beautiful houses and just be.  I come back to myself and my thoughts, changing my pace and looking forward to coming home as the unwinding process continues.
I like the moments of stillness, the breeze as it glides through my car windows, the soft tones of music playing in the background and and out of my consciousness and I then I pull up outside of my house. That exhalation of air as you make yourself comfortable in your favourite seat. The familiar sounds, sights and aroma of the nights meal for that moment all is well.  When you have been away from home what is the one thing you savour

I would love to hear what you have put in place in your own home environment that allows you to savour what you have, please share in the comments below.

I hope you continue to join me on my journey over the weeks, as I share my mixed media houses and some art journaling and look back to the memories of home. I look forward to hearing about some some of your own memories.

2 comments :

  1. a beautiful post and your artwork is lovely. I find many lovely ways to savor the life I have been blessed with, I am very fortunate and grateful every day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine, many thanks, it is so important to look at the ways in which we can enjoy the moments we have in our lives. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...