Saturday 26 October 2013

Recycled Projects - Directories Journal

Every now and again we get a new directory of local services in our area pushed through our door.  They used to be big and bulky and around A4 in size and about 2 inches thick, they have now been reduced to a more efficient A5 size.
I would normally recycle the old ones but decided that I would come up with a creative solution.  The pages in this directory needed to be glued together as the pages were very thin. On Tuesday I will share the process of making one of them.  

I came up with not one but 3 varieties, each with a different theme and use



I really like the size of these journals, which are A5 and can have as many pages as you require.

My Grace Journal had the theme of 'letters' and was about writing encouraging notes to myself, not being afraid to explore my creativity and having the patient and grace with myself.  The cover was made using tissue paper and then decorated with embellishments and paint.

The Miracles Journal was made using fabric, lace and ribbon.  There is room for me to write my own thoughts as well  


On the inside there are a lot of quotes and tags giving encouraging words.


The third journal called the Love Journal is covered with recycled sari material which has been painted.  In this journal I plan to house experimental ideas and is still a work in progress.


I hope you have a blessed weekend, and allow your creativity to push back the boundaries in order to allow yourself to really soar! 

Come back on Tuesday to see how I made them in Tutorial Tuesday. Do share creative ways in which you have used recycled materials and leave a comment below.

4 comments :

  1. great recycling idea - I use old phone books for lots of things too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it has only been recently that I have seen a lot of the things that we would normally put in the recycling bin handy for some of my art adventures. Thanks for passing by.

      Delete
  2. So clever, and I think I might be able to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I think you should give it a go, looking forward to seeing what you come up with:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...